History of the 88th Masonic District of Texas
This district was originally a portion of District 38 until 1904. In 1904, the 88th District was created to include Lodges in Archer and Wichita counties. The first District Deputy Grand Master was C.A. Montgomery from Archer Lodge No. 708.
Only one Lodge has merged in the 88th District. In the year 2000, Dundee Lodge No. 994 merged with Iowa Park Lodge No. 713.
Two Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Texas have come from the 88th District. Past Grand Masters Watson Lee Moore (1908) was from Wichita Falls Lodge No. 635 and A.D. Hanna (1990) was from Iowa Park Lodge No. 713.